Fundraising Intern Rachel made a “Best Dance Moments of 2012” list. I’m about to bust a move just reading about these: check them out! Pictures included!
Rachel Kramer’s 10 best dance moments of 2012:
1. Electric Tea Garden at 11am during Decibel Festival with a beer-bellied man wearing a pink crop top that said RAGE and a uhaul van called the “Rage Cage”. I think he was still there from the night before.
2. Watching the sunset on a patio while Kid Smpl spins my anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TpDPpCZwvE):
3. Jumping on my bed in my basement bedroom waiting for my roommate to finish studying for the GRE upstairs:
4. Standing on the armrests and straddling the aisle of a rented bus during Birthright in Israel.
5. In the mosh pit during St. Vincent while Annie Clark herself stage dived on my head. I dropped my bag in the resulting frenzy, but managed to recover the important bits.:
6. Election night on Pike and 10th in Capitol Hill. Obama! Gay marriage!
7. In a dumpster wearing a stolen horse mask after the City Arts opening party:
8. At the Polish Cultural Center sandwiched between two friends in sumo wrestling suits:
9. Headbanging outside the mosh pit during Jeff the Brotherhood. Hella curlz involved:
10. In my deskchair, every single day and night of my life. When things get real crazy, I even stand ‘n swivel. NO PHOTO, ONLY VIP LIVE PERFORMANCES.