Members of the Vera Project lead and govern Vera in collaboration with Vera’s Board. Members help create and review programs, raise money, promote events, and make the decisions that determine Vera’s future. As a Member you run the show (collaboratively speaking, that is), and it comes with the following benefits:
- The chance to shape Vera how you want to and make it your own.
- Free entry to Vera shows
- up to 50% off our already amazingly cheap workshops and classes
- The chance to get an insider look at the music industry and scene in Seattle
- The chance to make awesome new friends and meet tons of new people!
How to become a member:
Membership is available to anyone who either pledges to do at least 12 hours of volunteer service during the year, or pays a $200 membership fee. People generally do some volunteering first before filling out the member registration form. You can find out more about both by attending a volunteer orientation – click here for dates & times.. (we’re at the corner of Warren Ave N and Republican). These usually last about 45minutes to an hour. You can also email email@example.com to sign up.
Member registration generally happens at the quarterly member meeting. Click here for the meeting date & time. At this meeting you can fill out your registration form and pay the fee or make the volunteer pledge. It’s almost criminal it’s so easy!
Vera’s Board provides direction and oversight to keep Vera legal and solvent. Board meetings happen at 6pm in the Vera conference room on the last Monday of every month (there is no Board meeting August, November and December).
- Mikhael Mei Williams: Board Chair, Upstream Music Festival
- Brea Dunn: Former Vera Member, Co-chair of Gallery Committee
- Michael Compton: Executive Director at The Recording Academy Pacific Northwest Chapter
- Sarah Loritz: Community Programs Manager for Seattle Theatre Group
- Amy Piñon: Multimedia Lead at Arts Corps, Audio Engineer/Instructor
- Kayla Demonte: Events & Programs Manager at The Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Jonathan Zwickel: