Members of the Vera Project lead and govern Vera in collaboration with Vera’s Board. Members help create and review programs, raise money, promote events, and make the decisions that determine Vera’s future. As a Member you run the show (collaboratively speaking, that is), and it comes with the following benefits:
- The chance to shape Vera how you want to and make it your own.
- Voting rights in committee and membership meetings
- Up to 50% off our already amazingly cheap workshops and classes
- The chance to get an insider look at the music industry and scene in Seattle
- The chance to make awesome new friends and meet tons of new people!
- First dibs on delicious snacks
- Get added to an email list that sends exclusive opportunities, tickets to shows and events, and more
How to become a member:
Membership is available to volunteers who pledge to do at least 24 hours of volunteer service during the year. People generally do some volunteering first before filling out the member registration form. Membership application can be found here You can also reach out to Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions regarding Membership.
The Membership body meetings quarterly (every January, April, July, October). At these meetings, people from all facets of Vera come together (volunteers, members, staff, instructors etc. ), to give updates, and talk about the future of Vera! These meetings are open to the public, so you can stop by and learn more before committing to anything. This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow volunteers, and talk to people in the different programs we offer. You can also fill out paperwork, and get your membership card.
Vera’s Board provides direction and oversight to keep Vera legal and solvent. Board meetings happen at 6pm in the Vera conference room on the 4th Monday of every month (there is no Board meeting August, November and December).
- Andrea Allsop, Treasurer
- Finance Manager at The Wing Luke Museum
- Cleo Barnett, Secretary
- Deputy Director, Amplifier
- Phil Bouie
- Development Officer, LegalVoice
- Jenelle Clark, Co-Chair
- Executive and Organizational Coaching, Daily Ritual Consulting
- Public Information Specialist, University of Washington, Dept. of Urban Design and Planning
- Rebecca Denk
- Director of Finance and Human Resources, KEXP
- Yoga Instructor, Seattle Yoga Arts
- Cheri Kramer
- International Tax Manager, Amazon
- Tessa Tenborg
- Campaign Planner, Hurtigruten, Inc.
- Kim West, Vice Chair
- Attorney at Law, Mix Sanders Thompson PLLC
- Musician, Smokey Brights
- Jonathan Zwickel, Co-Chair
- Corporate Communications, T-Mobile