Job Opening: Finance & Impact Manager
The Vera Project – Finance & Impact Manager
The Vera Project seeks a skilled and passionate financial professional to support its always all ages music and arts programming.
The Finance & Impact Manager will work with VERA staff, members, and volunteers to manage the entire organization’s bookkeeping, finance, and administrative development needs.
The Vera Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, queer, transgender, and non-binary folx are encouraged to apply. VERA is committed to providing an inclusive space, open to all ages, genders, races, cultures, religions, abilities, etc. and asks all members to sign our Participation Agreement to verify their commitment and accountability to our shared values.
Please address the following topics in your cover letter:
- Please tell us about your experience in finance, bookkeeping, database management, and donor engagement.
- What do your specific skills and interests bring to this role?
- What is your background, if any, working or volunteering with nonprofit organizations and community spaces?
- What relationship do you have with The Vera Project, Seattle’s music and arts community, and/or the DIY scene?
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance & Impact Manager, *Your First and Last Name*” in the subject line by Sunday, February 14th at Midnight.
If you do not quite fit into the listed job description and feel you may still be a great candidate, don’t hesitate to apply & tell us about yourself! Send all questions to email@example.com
Finance and Impact Manager
Position Overview: Manage The Vera Project’s bookkeeping, finance, and administrative development needs.
- Manage all bookkeeping needs at The Vera Project, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, invoicing, bill payment, subscription renewal, and other related activities.
- Maintain financial records for all accounts, income, and expenses using QuickBooks and and/or applicable accounting softwares and platforms.
- Ensure compliance with organizational financial controls and federal, state, county, and city regulations, including all licenses, insurance, and 501(c)3 requirements.
- Prepare detailed financial reports both on a monthly basis and as needed for strategic planning, funding requests, grant reporting, and more.
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare annual budgets and all reports needed by the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate in the development and tracking of all organizational, programmatic, and grant budgets.
- Co-manage, develop, and implement financial policies for all programming, events, staff, independent contractors, and interns.
- On-board and process all paperwork for new employees, teaching artists, and contract staff with the Executive Director.
- Manage the payment of all teaching artists and contract staff as applicable, collaborating with the Education Manager and Production coordinator to craft and implement related pay scales and policy.
- Prepare and process all reimbursements, stipends, scholarships, and other means of financial support for The Vera Project’s staff and community.
- Administer employee benefits in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Manage financial relationships and offer administrative support to The Vera Project’s fiscal sponsors, including QTYMP, Ground Zero Radio, Experience Education, Sound Board, and more.
- Coordinate the finance and bookkeeping needs for The Vera Project’s fundraising and special events, including Viva Vera, Live from our Living Room, Search Party, 20th Anniversary, special occasion license partnerships, and more.
- Manage all forms of The Vera Project’s donor and constituent database(s) and related communications, tracking, and fundraising platforms.
- Research, select, and implement new organizational communications, tracking, and fundraising softwares as needed.
- Steward meaningful relationships with donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Prospect, identify, and collaborate on engagement strategies for new and existing donors, grants, and miscellaneous fundraising efforts.
- Maintain all grant calendars and assist in identifying potential funding opportunities.
- Coordinate and track donor communication and engagement, sharing donor relations and outreach responsibilities with the Executive Director
- Track, record, analyze, and report on organizational and program metrics for grants, donors, and various annual reports.
- Co-manage corporate sponsorship programming with the Executive Director and Artistic Director
- Create and distribute donor communications materials.
- Participate in the planning, production, and analysis of all special events and fundraisers.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Executive Director
ABOUT THE VERA PROJECT
The Vera Project (VERA) is an all-ages, volunteer-fueled music and arts venue. By engaging participants at all levels of music production and community organizing, VERA fulfills its mission to foster a participatory creative culture through popular music concerts, arts programs, experiential learning, and volunteer opportunities for all ages, especially young people 14-24. VERA programming is primarily conducted at our space at the Seattle Center, including the following:
- Popular music concerts
- Audio engineering training
- Visual art exhibits
- Live and studio recording
- Leadership training
- Screen printing and classes
- Event production training
These activities are initiated and driven collaboratively by VERA’s Volunteers, Staff, Board of Directors, and Youth-Led Membership. Weekly concerts promote artistic experimentation and excellence in a professional setting, leveraging industry-standard technology to showcase music and arts. Classes fuse with experiential learning opportunities and a volunteer-driven structure that engages young people in the arts, fosters intergenerational communication, and gives constituents the skills necessary to pursue their creative and professional passions. The skills participants gain at VERA activate future creativity, careers, and leadership within VERA and in the greater creative community. VERA engages thousands in the arts, develops the future of the music industry, and supports a vibrant Seattle culture.
January 13, 2021Digital Production Lab Northwest: Now Accepting Applications
November 18, 2020Last Call for the Kids
November 18, 2020Safe in Sound
October 27, 2020Fall Online Classes @ The Vera Project