Always all ages since 2001
The Vera Project is an all-ages nonprofit space dedicated to fostering personal and community transformation through collaborative, youth-driven engagement in music and art. A music venue, screen print shop, recording studio, art gallery, and safe space for radical self-expression, VERA is a home to Seattle’s creative community.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Volunteer-driven concerts & art gallery showings
- Arts education in the form of classes and workshops in screen printing, live and recorded sound, concert lighting, zine-making, DJing, and more.
- Experiential learning and creative workforce development opportunities in audio engineering, event production, venue safety, community organizing, print & design, photography, and more.
- Industry-aligned work positions and internships in the field
- Participatory democratic governance and youth leadership development
- Community building, grassroots organizing, and amplifying youth-led social movements.
- Advocacy for community-centered cultural spaces, the DIY Scene, and universal access and opportunity in the arts.
- Spreading the gospel of all-ages music
“It has always been a safe haven to grow and express myself with no limitation. Vera is a community I can always call my own.”
– Maya DeAvilla, 21