What’s a Vera Member?
Vera’s Members help create and review programs, raise money, promote events, and make the decisions that determine our future. As a Member you run the show (collaboratively speaking, that is), and it comes with the following benefits:
- The chance to shape Vera how you want to and make it your own.
- Voting rights in committee and membership meetings
- Up to 50% off our already amazingly cheap workshops and classes
- The chance to get an insider look at the music industry and scene in Seattle
- The chance to make awesome new friends and meet tons of new people!
- First dibs on delicious snacks
- Get added to an email list that sends exclusive opportunities, tickets to shows and events, and more
How do I Become A Member?
Membership is available to volunteers who pledge to do at least 24 hours of volunteer service during the year. People generally do some volunteering first before filling out the member registration form. Membership application can be found here. You can also reach out to Maya DeAvilla, our Community Engagement Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions regarding Membership.
What Are Members Meetings?
The Membership body meetings quarterly (every January, April, July, October). At these meetings, people from all facets of Vera come together (volunteers, members, staff, instructors etc. ), to give updates, and talk about the future of Vera! These meetings are open to the public, so you can stop by and learn more before committing to anything. This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow volunteers, and talk to people in the different programs we offer. You can also fill out paperwork, and get your membership card.